Bridge Cottage

Bridge Cottage was depicted in many of John Constables paintings of Flatford, and dates from around 1700, however no doubt there were other buildings on the site prior to this. 

By the 19th century, it was converted into two dwellings, each family lived with a small parlous with access to a single bedroom in the attic, accessed in one by a twisting staircase, and the other a loft ladder.