Use of this Website
You agree not to:
- Use the website for anything illegal
- Compromise the security of the website
- Do anything that may corrupt or impair the performance of the website
- Attempt to access any secure area of the website
- Impair anyone else’s enjoyment or use of the website
- Contribute any obscene, distressing, harassing, defamatory, discriminatory or offensive material
- Do anything that may infringe the rights of others, including any copyright rights.
If you contribute to the site, you agree to:
- Grant permission to reproduce, use, modify, store, adapt or share your contribution, in whatever form, free of charge, to the editors of the site, for any non-commercial purposes, providing they acknowledge the material as set out in the Copyright Statement
- Grant permission to reproduce, use, modify, store, adapt or share your contribution, in whatever form, free of charge, to any individual or other user for any non-commercial purpose providing they acknowledge the work as set out in the Copyright Statement
Anything you contribute to the site must be your own original work and you must have the right to grant the permissions referred to above before you submit your contribution.
If any person is identifiable in your contribution, you must obtain their permission prior to submitting the contribution to the website. If any person identifiable is under the age of 16 you will need the consent of their parent or legal guardian before you submit the contribution.
- When you make a contribution please consider your own safety and the safety of others. You must not give out your own or anyone else’s contact details or other personal information. If you are under 16 and would like to make a contribution to the site, you must obtain your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission each time you do so and you must show them the contribution you wish to make for their approval.
Usage of Material on this Website
Usage of material on this website must be in accordance with the Copyright Statement. Please refer to the Copyright Statement. There are links to external websites from this site. Those sites do not operate under a Creative Commons licence and you must request the relevant permissions before you reproduce any of the material from those sites.
Limitation of Liability
Whilst the editors of this site make every effort to keep the information on this web site accurate, the majority of information comes from the general public. We therefore disclaim any warranty or representation, express or implied about its accuracy, completeness or appropriateness for a particular purpose.
You agree to assume full responsibility for using the information on the site, and you understand and agree that the editors of the site are not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use.
The site contains links to external websites. We accept no liability for the content, performance, accuracy, privacy or availability of external websites. Views expressed on external websites and on any social networking services do not necessarily represent the views of or endorsement by this website.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
The text, graphics, artwork, audio, video, images and the compilation of information contained in the website are protected by copyright. Copyright owners are identified as the author, in the photo captions and the credit lines for each article.
You must obtain permission from the relevant copyright owner to republish the material on a public web site or within a work for publication in any medium. Such use may be subject to reproduction fees and the source of the material and its copyright status must be acknowledged.
The collective content of this website is protected by copyright laws under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 Every effort has been made to establish the copyright holders of the material presented. However, if visitors consider that they own the copyright to any material and can provide the necessary documentation, please contact us so that we may credit the materials properly or remove them.
The contents of this copyright statement may be amended in the future and it is your responsibility to check the statement each time you plan to reproduce material from the website.
There are links to external websites from the website which operate their own individual copyright requirements. Please request the relevant permissions before you reproduce any of the material from those sites.
Privacy and cookies
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you add a comment or upload content to the website (e.g. add text and photos). The information we collect is your name and e-mail address.
- How will we use the information about you? – We collect information about you so that our website editors can contact you about your comment or contribution if necessary. We may publish your name on the website alongside the comment or contribution. We will not publish your e-mail address. We will not share your information with any third party.
- How long will we keep the information about you? – Because we aim to preserve the content of the website as a historical archive, this information will be stored indefinitely, alongside the comment or contribution you have submitted.
- Access to your information and correction – You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us via this form or write to us. You may ask us to correct or remove information.
- Web site tracking – Whenever you visit our web site, our host server automatically records each page you visit and the IP address from which you are connecting to us. It also records other information, including your operating system, your web browser, and the web site from which you followed a link to this website (if any). Additionally, the Google Analytics reporting system may be active. This information is only gathered to establish general usage trends for the site, not to find out information about individual users. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to contact us