Probably late C16 with later alterations. Timber -framed, rendered. Red brick stack. Thatched roof. One storey and attic. 3 ½ -bay frame with lower addition to right. Now National Trust information centre and shop.
House. Late C15 open hall with cross wing incorporating C14 features. Rear range probably C17. Small later addition to left. Renovated and restored to original form C20.
next to Flatford Mill, site of the famed Haywain painting
Late C16 -C17. Timber -framed, rendered, now accommodation for Field Studies Centre.
Millers house and cottage, now Field Studies Centre. C17 origins, altered C18 and later.
Late C15 open hall with cross wing incorporating C14 features. Rear range probably C17. Small later addition to left. Renovated and restored to original form C20. Timber-framed.
EB's Historic church in village centre. Dated C14 with the famous "part-finished" Bell Tower and bells housed in Bell cage
Christians have worshipped here for over 1,000 years, however the church dates roughtly from 1350-1550, ;ate perpendicular in style, of stone and brick fragments from an earlier church. It is 120 feet long, 56 feet wide and 45 feet hight (36.5 x 17 x 13 metres)
The churchyard, St Mary's Church
Probably late C16. Timber-framed on red brick plinth. Plain tile roof. Rectangular on plan. Plank and muntin lower wall with open lattice work above. Door to left with long strap hinges. Overhanging steeply-pitched hipped gableted roof. Interior contains bell frame with five bells, one dated 1450
Probable former religious guild hall. c1500, later additions to rear and later remodelling including late C18 - early C19 refronting. C20 single-storey addition to right of no special interest. Timber-framed on brick plinth with brick front and right gable wall. Roughcast. Plain tile roof.
Timber framed, late C16 with probable early C16 rear wing to hall range and later rear range to cross wing. C19 additions to rear.
House. Late C16 with probable early C16 rear wing to hall range and later rear range to cross wing. C19 additions to rear. Renovated 1970s. Timber-framed, part rendered. C19 sections in painted brick. Plain tile roof. Red brick stacks. Two storeys, attic to front range. Hall with jettied cross wing to left with attached gabled ranges to rear. C19 extensions in Tudor style. Front range: close studding. C20 Tudor-arched entrance under hood adjacent to cross wing.
House, now shop. Early C19. Brick, colourwashed. Slate roof. Two storeys, 3 bays with central breakforward and angle pilasters.
Ivy Cottage is a pair of cottages. Late C18 - Early C19. Timber-framed, rendered. Slate roof. Brick stacks.
House. Mid C19. Red brick in Flemish bond. Slate roof. Two storeys, two bays.
Cottage. C18. Timber-framed, plain tile roof. Rebuilt brick stack. Two storeys, three bays.
Centre of village, near Red Lion
Pair of houses and Post Office. Probable C17 core, remodelled early C19. Timber-framed, cased in white brick with plain tile roof and red brick stacks. 2-storey, 2-window centre range with gabled cross wings to each side, that to left incorporated into Post Office which is partly housed in single-storey extension to left of no special interest. To main range, 6-panel doors under radial fanlights with round arches.
Pair of cottages, now one dwelling. Late C18 - early C19. Red brick in Flemish bond. Plain tile roof. Single storey and attic, 2 bays.
Coach-house and stables, now in commercial use. C17 origin with C18 and later alterations and additions. Red brick in English and Flemish bond. Possible timber-framed core to part. Plain tile roof.
White Horse Road
House. Probably late C16. Timber-framed, rendered in part. Plain tile roof. Red brick stacks.
House. Probable C17 cross wing with former hall range rebuilt early C19. Timber-framed cross wing, rendered, otherwise painted brick. Plain tile roofs. Rebuilt red brick stack.
House. Probably C17 with early C19 and later alterations and extensions. Timber-
formally 'Tarbin & Jessops' & 'Tarbin' Grocers & Providers
House. C16 - C17 with later alterations and additions. Timber-framed, rendered in part, brick extension to rear. Plain tile roof. Red brick stacks. See 'The Grocers Daughter' story below
Gaston End, House, now two dwellings. Probably C17
Timber-framed, rendered. Plain tile roof, red brick stacks. L-shaped range with gabled range in angle. 2 storeys.
House. c1830. White brick, creamwashed. Slate roof. 2 storeys 3 bays.
School, now village hall. Founded 1594 by Edward Lambe. Two builds, the earlier section to the right is probably the original building although much altered, with early C19 range to left. Restored 1970s. Early section: timber-framed, front and right gable cased in red brick in Flemish bond, rear weatherboarded.
Cottage. Probably C17 with later alterations. Timber-framed, cased in painted brick. Plain tile roof. Rebuilt red brick stack.
Previous home to artist Lucy Harwood (early 1900;s)
House. c1840. White brick. Slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays with low service wing to right.
C16 Pub, on main Heath Road
Public House. C16 with later alterations and additions. Timber-framed, rendered, part underbuilt and part cased in painted brick. Plain tile roof. Single-storey and attic with gabled cross wing to right and later additions to right and rear.
Park Road, East End
House. Probably C17, remodelled early C19. Timber-framed on brick plinth, rendered. Plain tile roof, red brick stacks. L-plan.
House. Probably C16 with C17 and later additions and alterations. Timber-framed, rendered and partly cased in painted brick. Plain tile roof. Red brick stacks (mainly rebuilt).
House. Open-hall house of c1500 remodelled C18, later alterations and additions including some interior remodelling of 1932 by Raymond Erith. Timber-framed, front cased in red brick in Flemish bond, rear underbuilt in brick and rendered above, gable ends rebuilt in brick. Red brick stacks. Plain tile roof.