Map View


The Lambe School

School, now village hall. Founded 1594 by Edward Lambe. Two builds, the earlier section to the right is probably the original building although much altered, with early C19 range to left. Restored 1970s. Early section: timber-framed, front and right gable cased in red brick in Flemish bond, rear weatherboarded.

Details

School, now village hall. Founded 1594 by Edward Lambe. Two builds, the earlier section to the right is probably the original building although much altered, with early C19 range to left. Restored 1970s. Early section: timber-framed, front and right gable cased in red brick in Flemish bond, rear weatherboarded. Slate to front roof pitch, plain tiles to rear. One storey, 2 bays of frame. Sashes with glazing bars in reveals. Present entrance through later range. Roof gableted to left. External stack to right. 4-light restored diamond mullion window to rear. Later range: white brick, slate roof. C20 weatherboarded extension to rear. One storey. Four 16-pane sashes in reveals with sills under shallow pedimented lintels. Angle pilasters. Original entrance to left gable end. Present entrance by rear extension. Later linking wall to older range. Interior of early section: exposed framing consisting of ground rail on plinth, studded walls and jowled posts with mortices for arch braces. Replace

  • Historic England Reference: 1033444
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.