Map View


The Old Rectory

Rectory, now house. 1714 with additional wing of 1820s. Red brick in Flemish bond, front rendered, rear painted. Slate roof to front, plain tiles to rear. Two storeys, attic and basement.

Details

Rectory, now house. 1714 with additional wing of 1820s. Red brick in Flemish bond, front rendered, rear painted. Slate roof to front, plain tiles to rear. Two storeys, attic and basement. 4 bays with lower range of 1820 to left. Steps to off-centre original entrance (present entrance to rear). 12-pane sashes. Parapet. M-shaped roof with gabled dormer windows. Rear: later porch containing half-glazed door. 12-pane sashes (some with thick glazing bars) in flush architraves under flat gauged brick arches. Eaves band and parapet. Gabled dormers with sashes. Later wing: 12-pane sashes in reveals under segmental arches. Interior: entrance hall has paired arches to staircase with pilasters supporting keyed archivolts. Closed-string stair (possibly somewhat remodelled) with column-on-vase balusters

  • Historic England Reference: 1033457
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.